Through decency and systematic procedures we will ensure that Sydbank is an efficient, well-run and solid bank with a responsible approach to financing and lending to the Bank’s customers.
Achieved in 2020
- We have continued to ensure a strong financial foundation by maintaining our cautious approach to credit risk.
- Green home package consisting of the energy cost calculator Energiberegneren, professional energy advice from BetterHome and Sydbank Energilån (energy loans).
- The possibility of financing for corporate clients via EU funds has been maintained.
- ESG issues have been incorporated in Sydbank’s credit policy.
Goals for 2021
- To continue to have a sensible and cautious approach as regards lending and a high credit quality.
- To continue our work on integrating ESG risks in risk management and capital planning.
- To initiate relevant and structured data collection for ESG credit risk management.
- To make sure that the creditworthiness assessment of the Bank’s customers continues to ensure that they can afford to take out a requested loan and are not placed in an unacceptable financial situation due to money owed to Sydbank.
Relevant policies and standards
- Sydbanks credit policy