Sydbank will be respectful of the environment in all aspects of its business and make a positive difference in order to reach its own, national and global climate targets. We optimise energy efficiency on an ongoing basis to reduce the Bank’s energy consumption and high priority is given to ensuring transparent reporting of our consumption.
Achieved in 2020
- CO2 emissions reduced by 11% compared to 2019.
- Solar cell system set up at the head office.
- 3 electric cars added to the fleet.
- Charging points for electric cars set up at the head office car park and the regional head office in Sønderborg.
- Section included in Sydbank’s Code of Conduct particularly aimed at suppliers and business partners.
- Light sources covering an area of more than 10,000m2 replaced with more sustainable sensor activated LED lighting.
- Less transport by private car, attributable however to the coronavirus pandemic.
Goals for 2021
- To adjust the Bank’s company car policy so that cars in energy class B or better will be purchased in future and to include electric and hybrid cars in the company car policy.
- To continue efforts to reduce CO2 emissions and to carbon offset the part of our electricity consumption that does not come from renewable energy sources by purchasing electricity generated by Danish wind turbines. One ambition in 2021 is to replace an additional 8,000m2 of our existing lighting with sensor activated LED lighting and we also expect to set up a solar cell system at our regional head office in Esbjerg if the necessary permits are obtained.
Relevant policies and standards
- Company car policy
- Purchasing policy
- Sydbank’s Code of Conduct
- Greenhouse Gas Protocol